- Project and program design and development
- Project and program Evaluation
- Upland farming systems development particularly in complex multi-perspective communities.
- Irrigation management transfer
- Adoption of sustainable livelihood systems suitable for vulnerable low input agriculture
- Integration of resource conservation practices into traditional farming systems.
- Analysis of extension services and systems
- Evaluation of farming system sustainability
- Agronomy and management of horticultural crops especially fruits